Working with RootsMagic: Foundations
Need help organizing family facts, photos, and original documents to tell the stories of your ancestors? Stay on top of your genealogical finds with RootsMagic, a user-friendly program!
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Instructor: LaDonna Garner, M.A.
Cost: $45 per Adult; limited to 6 Adult students
Virtual Classroom Time: 1 pm – 4 pm CST
Class Dates: Currently being scheduled!
- Nine (9) hours of instruction and discussion over three (3) sessions.
- Login registration information for entry into the Zoom classroom will be forwarded after your purchase.
- Handouts will be forwarded via email prior to the start of class.
Students who complete this course will be able to apply techniques learned to:
- Setup RootsMagic 7 & 8 on a PC or MAC
- Setup a family database
- Attach documents and media to family members
- Extract and log family facts from sources
- Cite sources and family folklore
- Import & export a GEDCOM file for sharing
- Data Backup and archiving
Note: Purchase or upgrade, then download and install RootsMagic as it is not provided with this virtual course. The RootsMagic 8 software is currently on sale through October 17th for download. An upgrade is also available.