Researching Cemeteries & Death Records
Discover how to research ancestral burial grounds and various death records effectively to aid the family tree.
Skill Level: Intermediate — Students should have basic knowledge of their family tree to use for course sessions.
Instructor: LaDonna Garner, M.A.
Cost: $65 per Adult; limited to 8 Adult students
Virtual Classroom Time: 1 pm – 3 pm CST
Workshop Dates: Thursday — January 12, 19 & 26, 2023
- Three hands-on sessions [6 total learning hours] of instruction and discussion.
- Login registration information for entry into the Zoom classroom will be forwarded after your purchase.
- Handouts will be forwarded via email prior to the start of class.
Students who complete this mini-clinic will be able to apply techniques learned to:
- Identify cemetery and death records for ancestral research.
- How to locate an ancestor’s burial site
- Examine its history and cemetery grounds
- Glean every bit of information from the burial site without repeat
visits to aid the family story.
- Extract and analyze pertinent information gathered from headstones and documents.
- Apply fresh ancestral data to the family project.