Probate Research Workshop
Probate case files are valuable genealogical records often underused or misunderstood. Consider this workshop to dive into the courthouse records of the deceased.
Cost: $35 per Adult
Three, 2-hour sessions; limited to 12 students.
Day: Currently being scheduled for May & June!
Classroom Time: 1 pm – 3 pm CST
Instructor: LaDonna Garner, M.A.
- Six (6) hours of instruction and discussion – divided over two (2) days.
- Login registration information for entry into the Zoom classroom will be forwarded after your purchase.
- Handouts will be forwarded via email prior to the start of class.
Students who complete this course will be able to apply techniques learned to:
- Understand the common probate case process
- Navigate a case file and its documents
- Research, request, and retrieve probate files online and by mail
- Extract pertinent information from probate case files to further research planning