Back to the Beginning: Starting Your Family Tree
Have you ever wished to discover an ancestor or compile your family’s story? Maybe you’d like a refresher? Consider this 2-day course to navigate a beginner’s tasks to research the family tree. Instructor: LaDonna Garner, M.A.
Session BB3: Wedsday, 23 & 30 March 2022
Virtual Classroom Time: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST
Registered students will receive:
- Four (4) hours of instruction and discussion – divided over two (2) sessions.
- Login information for entry into the Zoom virtual classroom will be forwarded 1 week before the start of class.
- A maximum of 6 students per session.
- Geared for Adults.
- Back to the Beginning Workbook (PDF via email)
Students who complete the course will be able to apply techniques learned to:
- Fill family forms and pedigree charts.
- Search for vital records.
- Extract genealogical information from genealogical records.
- Determine primary and secondary source facts.
- Draft source document citations.
- Assemble a basic family tree.